Sparkling Alps and Mozart Melodies, picture-book Austria is an enchanting place where culture and history is never more than a stone throw away.
Equally favoured in both summer and winter months, Austria’s Tyrolean villages offer warm friendly hospitality and picture postcard surroundings.
The pretty village of Brandenburg sits beautifully on a sunny plateau amidst the magnificent mountain scenery for which Austria is renowned.
Creating a peaceful and tranquil setting, the local mountains offer the splendid panoramic views for this holiday, whilst the neighbouring cities of Innsbruck and Salzburg both offer an array of historical and architectural attractions.
The 3 star, family run Ascherwirt Hotel, Brandenberg offers superb panoramic views, a cosy ambience and friendly service as well as traditional Tyrolean cuisine.
All rooms have full bathroom facilities, TV and telephone and the hotel has a bar/restaurant, fitness room, solarium and sauna.
- Day 1 Leave UK using the short Dover-Calais ferry crossing and overnight journey through Germany (groups can opt for overnight stay in the Rhineland).
- Day 2 Arrive hotel for check-in and overnight.
- Day 3 At leisure in the morning. Afternoon excursion to Innsbruck, a city with 800 years of history and culture and a backdrop of impressive mountains.
- Day 4 A day in Salzburg, birthplace of the famous composer Mozart and well known forits part in the film “Sound of Music”. This beautiful, well preserved city offers the opportunity for shopping and cultural visits together with a ride up the Monschsberg panoramic lift giving wonderful views of the city below.
- Day 5 A days excursion to Zell em See, Kriml Waterfall and many more local sites.
- Day 6 Day at leisure. Leave resort in the early evening for overnight travel to Calais.
- Day 7 Arrive UK.