We are proud to be offering the superb Austrian Ski area of Sportwelt Ski Armade into our programme.
The Snow Space ski area is part of the Ski Amadé region of Austria which is one of the largest interlinked ski areas. The area for 2021 has increased in size with the addition of a new link on a new lift which connects Wagrain directly to Kleinarl, which opens up direct between Alpendorf, Wagrain, Flachau, Zauchensee, Flachauwinkl & Kleinarl with over 210km of pistes, this is included all on one ski pass. The area is covered by over 90% snow making capabilities, with over 4000 snow cannons guaranteeing that you always be able to ski and have an amazing time.
Snow Space Facts
- 12 peaks between St. Johann/Alpendorf and Zauchensee which are around the 2000m altitude.
- 5 valley’s with the best prepared vertical runs
- 210 kilometres of Local runs
- 800km Area runs
- 70 modern ski lifts
- 2 World Cup ski slopes in Flachau and Zauchensee on which the international World Cup ski ladies elite compete for World Cup points.
- Internationally established freestyle parks, such as the Absolut Park in Flachauwinkl or Snowpark Alpendorf
In the Snow Space area, Wagrain lies at its heart, there are 144 individual runs stretching over 210km which will keep you entertained! Suited more towards novice and intermediate skiers/boarders Wagrain sits at around 2000 metres so is very reliable for snow throughout the season. Our hotels in Wagrain offer direct access to the slopes via the Flying Mozart lift which opens the whole of the modern Snow Space ski area including the G link and also the new connection to Kleinarl.
Wagrain is the most expansive area within the Snow Space region offering long wide pistes from top to bottom allowing plenty of space for everyone to enjoy. The runs vary around resort in grading allowing many miles to be covered if this is what you want to do. The town of Wagrain is the central area for all Après Ski Activities offering a state-of-the-art swimming and spa complex for all our groups to use. If the group needs time to rest and relax this is the ideal place with many shops and cafes to sit and take in the scenery.
Flachau is a beautifully scenic resort is situated in the heart of the Amadé region and is an ideal place to start the “adventure’. This area alone has some 111 kms of piste served by over 40 modern lifts and has a superb range of gentle blue beginners runs up to challenging blacks for any advanced skier to tackle.
The resort of Alpendorf is part of the Snow Space ski area with 19 ski runs served by 19 lifts. In Alpendorf there is plenty for everyone to have a go at with easy green runs up to some great off piste tree runs depending on your level of skiing or snowboarding. The small area of Alpendorf is serviced by 2 main lifts to access the whole area, these in peak times can become busy but many of our groups like to get an early start to miss the lifts! The picturesque area has some of the most amazing tree run views in the whole area making it not only challenging but also relaxing.
The après ski within the area is second to none as the resorts are in close proximity to Salzburg the opportunities are endless. We can offer:
- Hangar 7 This is located at Salzburg Airport where the Red Bull exhibition is located, you can walk around and see the F1 Cars, motorbikes, helicopters and much more.
- Bowling Located in the heart of Salzburg we can offer 10 pin bowling which is in a new state of the art complex.
- Ice Hockey You can go and watch EC Reb Bull Salzburg play hockey at their iconic Eisarena.
- Swimming This is a short walk from your hotel in Wagrain to the Wasserwelt or you can travel to the largest water complex in the Salzburg Region, Therme Amade which boasts indoor and outdoor pools, 4 slides, Jacuzzis, climbing wall, dive boards and much more.
It is the most extensive of the area’s resorts and offers long wide pistes from top to bottom allowing plenty of space for everyone to enjoy. Zauchensee is directly linked to Wagrain and is an idyllic ski area in its own right. With 15 modern ski lifts and over 40km of piste, the resort is always free of lift queues. The variety of skiing through tree lined and even off-piste runs is of interest to all skiers. Even beginners can enjoy the area due the the beautiful Hagengebirge excellent snow conditions due to its altitude. There a numerous, excellent tree lines beginners runs together with a choice of challenging red and blacks leading back to resort, including the World Cup Downhill run. The area has a variety of mountain eateries both in resorts and on the mountains.